After a quite extensive beta-phase, LRTimelapse 5.3 is finally out now and brings many improvements.
A big thank you to all beta testers who provided extensive feedback!
Here is what’s new:
- Runs on Java 11 now.
- Mac: uses native Menu bar now at the top of the screen.
- On some systems scrolling to the right folder on startup did not work as expected, if the preview panel was quite wide. Fixed.
- Render Dialog / Choose Dialog will now get the file structure updated when opened. The same goes for the folder trees in the import dialog and create composition dialog.
- Improved Hotkeys, they will now also work, when the preview window is detached and in focus.
- Added validation for folder name compliance in the “New folder from selection” dialog and in the “New folder” context menu in the import dialog.
- Importer will now skip hidden files like .DS_Store on the mac.
- Auto transition will now be applied to the selected part of the sequence if more than 1 images are selected.
- When doing an auto transition, the smooth curve will now be reset and rebuild for the next deflicker or refine pass.
- Autotransition between two keyframes with same values will now connect those values linearly and prevent the auto transition algorithm of “overdoing” the curve.
- Creating the Visual previews will now play a “ding” sound, if more than 100 previews have been created. (if not deactivated in the settings)
- Improved remaining time display for visual preview creation, it will be more accurate now.
- Visual Previews remaining time indicator below the preview will now also show some info on smaller preview sizes, where it was previously hidden.
- In Visual Workflow now the green Smooth curve will only be showed, when the Visual Deflicker Button is activated.
- Compositions from TIFF sequences will now be exported as TIFF. Also 16bit Tiff Sequences are now supported for composite creation.
- Added taskbar progress indicator to the composition preview generation task.
- Creating Compositions failed in some situations, fixed.
- The last used folder in a composition will now be remembered independently from the render dialog.
- In some cases when using batch operations the “finished” flag of the current folder could get reset. Fixed.
- Improved progressbar for deflicker and multipass deflicker.
- Batch multipass deflicker did not respect the reference area, fixed.
- Batch multipass deflicker dialog could get stuck at 1 pass, fixed.
- Batch multipass deflicker could launch too many DNG converter instances on mac, fixed.
- Visual Preview batch generation would launch too many dng converter instances on mac on subsequent runs. Fixed.
- Batch Multipass-Deflicker on a Parent folder now also offers to apply the batch operation to all subfolders (as it already worked witht Batch Initialize etc.)
- The confirm dialog for multiple folder batch operations will now display the subfolders which will be processed.
- Timestamp Overlay now works correctly also for different “Speed” settings than regular speed.
- Added display of the resulting video length to the render dialog. This will consider the number of images, the speed setting and the fps.
- Render color space was not restored from saved settings, fixed.
- Clear all LRT Editing on the current folder didn’t remove the deflicker and holy grail adjustments. Fixed.
- On few machines LRT crashed on startup with java.lang.NullPointerException, fixed.
- Fixed localization of “Create Preview” in the Composition dialog.
- German: renamed “Überlagerung” into “Komposition” to match the other languages, where it is also “Composition”.
- Fixed Radiobutton hover icon in Composition dialog.
- Fixed performance lag in table and when scrubbing though the preview