LRTimelapse 4 provides the most comprehensive solution for time lapse editing, keyframing, grading and rendering. No matter if on Windows or Mac, or which Camera you use: LRTimelapse will take your time lapse results to the next level.
LRTimelapse is being used by most known time lapse producers and many amateurs. It allows keyframing and grading of time lapse sequences in an all-RAW-file-based workflow, utilizing the Adobe Camera RAW develop engine implemented in Lightroom (Versions CC, 6, 5 and 4) and Adobe Camera Raw.
Creating Day-to-Night and Night-to-Day time lapse transitions is easily and perfectly done with the “Holy-Grail-Wizard”. Rendering of the final sequences can be done in professional video formats like Prores 4:4:4 and 4:2:2 and resolutions up to 8K and beyond – of course consumer formats like MP4/H.264/H.265/HEVC are supported as well.
Time lapse movies are getting more and more popular these days. Still-photographers, filmmakers and multimedia artists are discovering this new and exciting facet of photography.
LRTimelapse is being used by those people (see some outstanding work by LRTimelapse users on the demo page), because it enables them to use their favorite photographic tools (Lightroom or the Adobe Creative Suite) to produce time lapses with all the advantages and power that those tools offer for image editing. It allows them to easily deal with time lapse specifics, like getting rid of the tedious flicker-effect and even helps them to achieve the so called “holy grail of time lapse photography”: smooth day-to-night transitions.
Time Lapse Photography and Editing
If you want to learn how to make time lapse movies from the beginning and avoid going yourself the hard way of trial and error, consider getting my EBook Time Lapse Shooting and Processing. It’s a step by step guide for beginners, intermediates and even professionals and it covers the whole process of properly setting up the shooting until editing and exporting the film with LRTimelapse.
LRTimelapse will take your movies to the next level. It allows you to continuously change Adobe Lightroom or Camera RAW development parameters over the time which enables key-frame animations like in video-processing. The great advantage over post processing your time lapse sequences in your favorite video production software is the much better video quality gained from the preprocessing of the Source-files (RAW, DNG or JPG).
Furthermore, LRTimelapse is one of the best instruments to deflicker your time lapse movies.
Even the Holy Grail of Time Lapse Photography, seamless transitions from day to night, gets as easy as a couple of clicks with LRTimelapse. You don’t even need expensive and complicated bulb-ramping devices to achieve it and get better, mostly perfect results, with a little bit of practice.
In cooperation with qDslrDashboard, the greatest Mobile App for Camera Control, you get the ability to control your camera, analyze histograms and even automatically adjust settings while the light conditions change – and all that wireless, without touching the camera, you can learn more about that here and here.
- Animate and Keyframe Exposure, White Balance, and any other Lightroom/ACR editing tool over the time. You can use the full potential of Lightroom / ACR for color grading and even animate Graduated-, Radial- and Paint-Brush-Filters
- Make the “Holy Grail” of time lapse photography – (day to night transition) really easy – either by just manually adjusting your camera when shooting or by using a ramper like qDslrDashboard or others.
- Deflicker with one click – do this based on the look of the developed images without having to leave the RAW-workflow. This gives you the best quality possible.
- Seemless integration with Lightroom 4, 5, 6 and CC with the powerful LRTExport plugin.
- Powerful and high performance video rendering engine for high quality videos in up to 8K resolution and in MP4/H.264, ProRes (even on Windows) and H.265.
- and many, many more…
The LRTimelapse Forum
Please feel free to join the discussion in our forum. You will get help there if you happen to encounter any problems. You are also welcome to share your experiences and workflows there too.
Here is a recent interview I gave to the Video Film TV Makers Magazine last year after my lecture in Prague.
- As part of the new NOVA series “Building Wonders of the World” I started researching how to pull off day-to-night timelapses, which led me to LRTimelapse. Your software has transformed the way I create every timelapse now! I wanted to let you know that LRT was behind all the timelapse. I created a showcase of all the timelapse shots you can see here. (Rob)
- “Just wanted to let you how thrilled I’m with the new version of LRTimelapse 4 !!! I love it. Its so easy now to fix up my messy shots… 🙂 The Visual Preview is the best feature. Without it everything took for ages, now i have the total control over my footage.” (Irek)
- “I don’t think there is anything you can do to make this software any better. I have been working on several TL’s just trials and the interpolation between key frames is “SPOT ON” it seems to be rendering faster… The Deflicker seems to be improved. I am succeeding it producing day to night TL with very little flicker. Everything is working awesome!” (Edward)
- “LRTimelapse 4 is a piece of software that EVERY time lapse photographer (amateur or professional) should purchase! It is packed with many useful features that have helped take my work to the next level. The software is also fairly intuitive, and easy to learn especially after watching the tutorial videos found on LRTimelapse.com. (Bryan Snider) – Check out his full review and personal story.
- “I went to your site, read, watched, examined and tried out the sample version of the software for many hours yesterday and was blown away. Even though I have never done a time-lapse before, I completely understood your tutorials and program and why it works. A run through with the sub 400 frame lapse with no keyframe wizard even produced a pleasing result. Thanks a lot man and I am stoked to try out the license and start adding these awesome lapse features to my video. Most importantly I wanted to say great job on everything about this program; templates, book and all. Rock On!” (Peter)
- “Instead of bramping in the field, I prefer to use an [application] called LRTimelapse to ramp exposures, reduce flicker and work with other parameters like white balance. (Shawn Reeder in a much recommended Outdoor Photographer’s article about time lapse photography.)
- “I’m a staff video producer at Newsday. Without your software, I personally don’t think it would be this easy and routinely successful. I just released a blog post about my journey to become successful in the creation of HG timelapses.” (Chris)
- “Just wanted to say thanks for LRTimelapse. Have been using it occasionally for some time now but just recently have been using it all day every day. Fantastic work, much appreciated by myself and the time-lapse community as a whole.” (Mark)
- “LRTimelapse has saved me countless hours in my workflow. I used to do by hand what this program does in seconds. It is truly a godsend!” (Scott)
- “I now have the pro version, and if you are doing construction timelapse, it worth it for the select by criteria (to pick out the shadow shots) and the prores export saves another step, and the motion blur is a nice touch to have in the same step as well (for certain types of sequences. In this case it makes it look like all the structure built itself and there was just ghosts of construction workers and machines flying around. Nice effect.)” (Kieran)
- “Honestly, I would pay 10x the price you ask for this software but Im happy you continue to make our work look better than any other software there is with thoughtful major upgrades whenever Lightroom does the same. Kudos!” (Chris T.)
- “LRTimelapse is tremendous. I can’t say that enough. It is so obviously designed by someone who knows, first hand, what the problems are, and the tools you need to deal with them. The idea that any adjustment that can be quantified by a number can be smoothed between keyframes is inspired, because it works not only with exposure, but geometric corrections as well.” (Guy M.)
- “Thanks for LRTimelapse! I started using it yesterday and found it easy to use. Your video tutorials are the most valuable. Please keep up the good work.” (Steven)
- “LRTimelapse is a great program that is so much more powerful than it seems at first… It’s quickly become a very important part of my TL workflow…”
- “A HUGE thank you! LRTimelapse is pure gold, and is necessary and most worth it! This is the best Lightroom integration/standalone product for time lapses hands down!” (Ryan)
- “This is a wonderful software you’ve released for those who are passionate about timelapses.”
- “Since I’ve been using LRTimelapse my renders are now closer to what my eye sees than ever”
- “You’ve done more to improve T/L workflow than any other source I’ve found! Brill”
- “As I’m processing 7 timelapses from the last weekend, I can’t help but Thank You for the LRTimelapse software. Once again – WOW, what an amazing help, easy to use and fun, too :).” (Lu)
- “I really had no idea how terrible the rendering was out of After Effects until I rendered from LRTimelapse.” (Tracy)
- “Wow, I am so impressed with LRT4! The auto holy grail smoothing is brilliant. I spent so much time leveling out timelapse this is so simple. Well done Gunther!” (Jeeves)
- “I just did my first renders with LRTimelapse 4, and I just had to send you an email to thank you for this amazing software. This is truly an amazing tool and makes me eager to go shoot more timelapses, as your software makes the editing so easy!” (Atte)
- “Hi Gunther, just wanted to thank you for an awesome piece of software. So easy to use, and the information it provides you, makes it really easy to figure out what went wrong and what improvements you can make for the next time.” (Dominic)