LRTimelapse is the tool to edit and grade professional looking time lapse movies using Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Camera RAW or Adobe After Effects.
Time lapse movies are getting more and more popular these days. Still-Photographers, filmmakers and multimedia artists are discovering this new and exciting facet of photography.
Time lapse films are much more than videos played in acceleration – they are in fact photo-sequences taken in certain intervals, edited and combined to these exciting movies we all know from nature documentaries or the internet.
LRTimelapse is today being used by the majority of all ambitioned time lapse photographers and producers because it enables them to use their favorite photographic tools (Lightroom 3/4/5 or Adobe Creative Suite) to produce time lapses with all the advantages and power that those tools offer for image editing. It allows them to easily deal with time lapse specifics, like getting rid of the tedious flicker-effect and even helps them to achieve the so called “holy grail of time lapse photography”: smooth day-to-night transitions.
Time Lapse Photography and Editing
If you want to learn how to make time lapse movies from the beginning and avoid going yourself the hard way of trial and error, consider getting my EBook Time Lapse Shooting and Processing. It’s a step by step guide for beginners, intermediates and even professionals.
LRTimelapse will then take your movies to the next level. It allows you to continuously change Adobe Lightroom or Camera RAW development parameters over the time which enables key-frame animations like in video-processing. The great advantage over post processing your time lapse sequences in your favorite video production software is the much better video quality gained from the preprocessing of the Source-files (RAW, DNG or JPG).
Furthermore, LRTimelapse is one of the best instruments to deflicker your time lapse movies.
Even the Holy Grail of Time Lapse Photography, seamless transitions from day to night, gets as easy as a couple of clicks with LRTimelapse. You don’t even need expensive and complicated bulb-ramping devices to achieve it and get better, mostly perfect results, with a little bit of practice.
In cooperation with DslrDashboard, the greatest Mobile App for Camera Control, we now offer the ability to control your camera, analyse histograms and even automatically adjust settings while the light condition changes – and all that wireless, without touching the camera.
Examples and Possible Uses
- Alter white balance and all other Lightroom/ACR editing tools over the time (for example for sun sets)
- Make the “Holy Grail” of time lapse photography – (day to night transition) easy peasy
- Use the full potential of Lightroom / ACR for color grading!
- Deflicker with one click
- Make Ken-Burns effects (pan/zoom) on RAW-file basis
- Continuously saturate / desaturate
- Animate Graduated / Radial Filters
- and many, many more…
The LRTimelapse Forum
Please feel free to join the discussion in our forum. You will get help there if you happen to encounter any problems. You are also welcome to share your experiences and workflows there too.
I will post news regarding LRTimelapse via the corresponding facebook page and twitter account @lrtimelapse. Please follow me there. If you want to follow my private account (in German), it’s @gwegner_de. The German Facebook Page is facebook.gwegner.de Thank you!
- “I don’t think there is anything you can do to make this software any better. I have been working on several TL’s just trials and the interpolation between key frames is “SPOT ON” it seems to be rendering faster… The Deflicker seems to be improved. I am succeeding it producing day to night TL with very little flicker. Everything is working awesome!” (Edward)
- “I went to your site, read, watched, examined and tried out the sample version of the software for many hours yesterday and was blown away. Even though I have never done a time-lapse before, I completely understood your tutorials and program and why it works. A run through with the sub 400 frame lapse with no keyframe wizard even produced a pleasing result. Thanks a lot man and I am stoked to try out the license and start adding these awesome lapse features to my video. Most importantly I wanted to say great job on everything about this program; templates, book and all. Rock On!” (Peter)
- “Instead of bramping in the field, I prefer to use an [application] called LRTimelapse to ramp exposures, reduce flicker and work with other parameters like white balance. (Shawn Reeder in a much recommended Outdoor Photographer’s article about time lapse photography.)
- “Just wanted to say thanks for LRTimelapse. Have been using it occasionally for some time now but just recently have been using it all day every day. Fantastic work, much appreciated by myself and the time-lapse community as a whole.” (Mark)
- “LRTimelapse has saved me countless hours in my workflow. I used to do by hand what this program does in seconds. It is truly a godsend!” (Scott)
- “Thanks for LRTimelapse! I started using it yesterday and found it easy to use. Your video tutorials are the most valuable. Please keep up the good work.” (Steven)
- “LRTimelapse is a great program that is so much more powerful than it seems at first… It’s quickly become a very important part of my TL workflow…”
- “This is a wonderful software you’ve released for those who are passionate about timelapses.”
- “Since I’ve been using LRTimelapse my renders are now closer to what my eye sees than ever”
- “You’ve done more to improve T/L workflow than any other source I’ve found! Brill”
- “As I’m processing 7 timelapses from the last weekend, I can’t help but Thank You for the LRTimelapse software. Once again – WOW, what an amazing help, easy to use and fun, too :).” (Lu)
- “I really had no idea how terrible the rendering was out of After Effects until I rendered from LRTimelapse.” (Tracy)